Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2009-09-02 Starting Over & Over Again 开始了又再开始

Today was a difficult day...... I met someone in the industry, someone who made me feel useless and small.
It happens and it has happened a lot in this crusade of a life I've had in this business I am in. I guess after getting use to it, you can handle the situation at the precise moment better but the after-effects never seem to get better.
I start to question my journey, my purpose and myself.
Who to and how many times do I have to prove myself? Why do I do this? How far have I come? Where am I going? What is the reason for all of this? Who Why How Where What? The standard questions basically.
From the first day I stepped out into society to work, it has always been the case. From modelling, going to every different country with just my portfolio, no credit card, a bit of cash and a return ticket.
From singing, living in New York, London, LA, Taiwan, Beijing/China, Singapore, Malaysia everyone knows nothing about me and it's starting all over again.
From acting, in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan & Singapore, who is this nobody coming to be the leading lady????
I do enjoy the new challenge a lot of the time but there are moments where you just feel like you hit a wall and it is in those moments that I feel small and feeble.
It was a difficult day today, here for me in Canada, but it is just one of those days.
Then I come home and got this message from a friend in Taiwan: `write more, a world will be a better place with ur voice n songs'

今天是失落的一天....我遇见了一位在这娱乐圈里的人,一个让我觉得自己没用和渺小的人。
其实这也不以为然,是常常会发生的事,在这像游乐场的生活中。我想习惯了就比较能够在那一声间处理的比较妥当,可是回味的感受还是一样的不好过。
就会开始疑问自己。到底还要相谁证明什么?为什么要走这样的路?走过的路到底有多长?要走的路到底还有多远?意义到底是什么?就一些自我寻找的基本问题。
从第一天踏入社会就是这样。
从当模特儿,去不同的国家,手中拿着自己的相片簿,口袋里没有信用开,就那一些钱和一张回返机票。
从唱歌当歌手,到纽约,伦敦,洛杉矶,台湾,北京和全中国,新加坡和马来西亚,每人知道我是谁,每一次都是全新的开始。
从演戏,在内地,香港,台湾和新加坡都会感受到`她是什么东西啊?来当我们的女一号????`
我真的很享受新的挑战可是总是有一些日子会觉得自己刚撞墙而在那些时候就会觉得自己很渺小无能。
今天是失落的一天,现在在加拿大的我,可是也只是难免的这么一天。
回来后看到台湾朋友写给我的小字条:`写多一些,这世界若有你的声音和歌曲会是比较美好的`

14 comments:

  1. never let anyone control yu emotions/unless there cute/lol/luv from jamz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont borther other's comment.
    It's the value which is more important

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sighz... Celest, you're a Great talent, but as in any industry, there will always be small people, it happens all the time. I especially "like" those who we meet for the 1st time, and immediately, the words that come out from their mouths are so "Great" the arrow aims staight for one's heart. But, thats how you know you're going places, that you are intimidating enough, these "small" people start to aim for you. Be nice to them, let them say what they want to. Remember though, when the day is over, what they come home to and what you come home to, really makes a world of difference. You've done Singapore proud. Keep your head up, and push through..You'll get there.. In our eyes, you already are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you don't need to prove yourself to anyone.. you are a child of God and just remember that Jesus still loves you no matter who or what you are.. that's the gist of your life's journey. be responsible for yor life here, do your best and leave the rest of the stuff to Him.. haha.. afterall, He charts the path for you.. all you need to do is to honour Him and live by faith.. all will be well. we love you and we are proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You belittle your fan base : the entire Singapore's generation X knows you! I do not know about Malaysia and Taiwan, and/or the other generations as I do mix with them.. much, but you have always been Singapore's golden girl.

    It is good to reflect and ponder, every now and then. Just dont let it become brooding.

    *warning* Brooding cause wrinkles!

    God bless. We'll pray for your unwavering strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't know what to say but i can feel what you are going thru. No matter what, trust yourself and have faith. You have my support.
    With Luv, Fel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 既然选择了继续走这条路,除了努力,也必须相信自己的选择,对自己要有信心。你曾经说过:“只要坚信自己的梦想,梦想迟早一天会实现的”,你做到了,所以只要不放弃,什么都有可能发生。

    你不需要去证明什么或证明给任何人看,只要努力过,觉得对得起自己,过程比结果来得更重要。而且你一点都不渺小和无能,很多人从你的歌曲和作品中找到了新的希望和启发点。继续加油吧,不管以后的路有多少困难,至少还有我们在你身后为你撑腰。 =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From how I feel, is that we should understand our Intentions to our choice. As long as it is clear, we should feel as free as the wind and nothing else should bother us too much...

    The only thing which will make us feel limited would be our own capabilities... If one such as you feel small and feeble, then how should people like us feel? hahaha!

    So, in my humble opinion, as long as our Intentions are clear and we are up to whatever we are doing, nothing else should really bother us...

    So, are you happy because "the world will be a better place with your voice and songs", or "your voice and songs will make the world a better place"? heheheh..

    Thank you for reading till here, and thank you for your time =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoever does not know u is just plain ignorant, Celest. I have seen you as a model since I was in secondary school and you are not at all unfamiliar at home in Singapore! Don't be bothered by the minority. Feel good with the majority because we are the ones who care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swapped my lin chi ling wallpaper for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello from Finland! I discovered your music again after a friend had joined your fan page in Facebook. Now I'm listening to all your four albums in digital form and I really like them. Unfortunately I don't own your CDs yet but when I'll travel to China I'll try to find them and buy all! \(^__^)/ Your voice is really beautiful and sweet and you look lovely!

    Hope you'll have a chance to make a new album very soon!

    Wishing you a wonderful and creative summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just to let you know that you are not forgotten in Singapore. Keep swimming.

    Happy New Year,
    Anthony Oh

    ReplyDelete