Tuesday, August 4, 2009

2007-12-04 Ugly 小丑


Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Ugly
Okay, this is the very first Blog entry I am writing in English. Feels like there are tons of stuff I have written everywhere but never in a concise area of this is it! I am putting it all here. I will write here as I will in Soho but of course in Mandarin and they will be different.....will alternate as I run along. :) See me often and link me up with ya! Would love to get to know you as you get to know me better.
Today is a good day. Finished this brillant book in 3 days and wanted to share it with you. Constance Briscoe's Ugly. Its a beautifully written book, a whole lot of simple survival and pain of childhood. Hers is one of the saddest childhoods I have ever had the chance to get to know about. In the strength and simple belief of a little girl in herself, her dedication to her dreams and her worth, she has lead me to understand that life isn't always fair. It never is and it never will be, for you, for me, for anyone out there you may encounter with pain and sufferings...but...and yes there is always a but to negativity, it is what you make of it, how much you fight for yourself, how much you believe in yourself and never give up despite all odds.
I cannot deny that I picked it up because I always felt really ugly when I was younger, I mean let's face it, I am what you call tall dark and ugly when I was a little girl. I remember I had this pair of white plastic framed glasses, which regretably I bought with my mom when I was wearing a white t-shirt and it looked like it was right at that time, but everyday in school in alien-green uniform did not quite make the mark. I lived with the glasses for 4 years. I was wearing sweaters everyday during puberty, I always covered myself up, covered my face with hair, was always conscious and afriad. I grew up though.....through all the insecurites. I picked this book up because I thought I could relate but I could never even if I tried I believe, imagine her pain......She is so brave and fabulous!
This is a story worth reading. Life is short and we should make the best of it and this I believe was worth the many hours I had put in to reading it and I hope the same for you......Believe in yourself always.....Love always finds a way, be it for yourself or from those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment