Tuesday, August 4, 2009

2007-12-12 Unique

Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Unique
Being in my job and in my line and of course, being in Beijing, you will find that a lot of times meetings and associates gather at night spots....dinners, ktvs and some places which I started calling the `library' where men visit, flip through books and sometimes borrow home or out. Fortunately for me, the `library' is out of bounds for me as in many ways I am still highly protected by all those around me and perhaps also by myself and the persona I project. Lucky me!
But BJ is a men's heaven or haven.....in many places where bees flock to honey....in this place....honey flows in abundance towards the bees...namely if the bees are productive in hives. Competition is fierce!!! Model look-a-like girls come and go constantly.....one after another after another after another.....This led to me to ask a Beijing girl friend of mine about the population ratio of Beijing but found that for every girl there is five boys....meaning 4 will not find a wife.....strange....because all I see are girls around boys....3 to 1 mostly.
Or perhaps, the men I saw are mostly successful and wealthy or powerful in some way. These are people I work with, either talking about filming, music, photography or promotional projects......producers, executive producers, directors, artiste management, project management etc. etc. I never see them as bees and I suppose I never could......darn, sometimes I wonder why I am so silly and simple. It just never cross my mind to play the coo-ing game.
Then, I look back upon a lot of myself and there is a new kind of revelation. A relevation that I am unique in my own way, I step aside from competition and let others have their light.....maybe that is why I am still where I am in all this. But then again it could be because of this characteristic within me that allowed me the accomplishments I have had in my lifetime which dun seem all that bad!
But being here, it doesn't make me envy the feminine....the pride of self, the independence that is given as a choice to each and every one of us, male and female. It would perhaps, be easier on the eye for me, all this buzzing if I wore pants and had a bulge........

No comments:

Post a Comment