Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2009-08-12 The Soloist & My Little Story 《独奏者》和我的小故事


The Man on the Street 街上住的朋友
ENGLISH
(往下有华文版本哦!)

Just watched `The Soloist' starring Jamie Foxx & Robert Downey Jr. I think that it was glorious, about music, about compassion & about life.

It reminded me of a story that I would like to share with you:

When I was living in New York city, life was hard. I worked 3 jobs to get by trying to find my way from having left the band Jungk and still trying to pursue music in my life. I was living on a friend's couch, a friend that I hardly knew, and it was a cold winter, with little warm clothes in my luggage-the contents of my life then. It was a struggle to make money to buy a few sweaters. I was taking the train one day to go to the restaurant where I was working as a waitress and walking down the stairs to the subway. There sat a man, with his palm open and other hand fingering the little change that was in it. He looked so sad and loss and there was no one but the two of us. I walked pass him to a furthur space-in my mind, I felt sorry for him but I was afriad at the same time. Would he attack me, would he rob me, would he ask me for change? I was a chinese girl all alone at the subway station in Brooklyn NY. I don't know exactly what got into me but I took a dollar from my pocket, it meant a lot to me at that time, and I walked towards him. I stretched out my hand and held the dollar note in front of him and said `Sir, I think you dropped this'. He took the dollar and I walked quickly away as the train came. I made sure I was in a cubicle far away from him, afriad that he might ask me for more, afriad that he might reprimand me for condescending him, afriad that he might have something to say.

As the train moved along, I saw him walking cubicle to cubicle until he finally reached mine and I was sitted silently curdling into a shell of fear. As the train came to a stop at one of its many destinations. He came to me and said quietly `Thank You' before he left and the doors closed in behind him.

I wonder how he is now, I wonder if things got better for him, I wonder if that mere one dollar note from me meant anything. I understand that in life the littlest things can mean so much more, I understand that our pride is the one thing no one can take away from us.

Friendship is that which is given when we understand none of us is above each other.

May we all learn that and understand that - in such a fashion, we are never and will never be alone.

华文版
刚刚看完《独奏者》由小罗伯特·唐尼和杰米·福克斯主演。觉得真的很感人,运用了音乐来说出生活中人与人之间的慈祥。

让我想起了,我生活中遇到的一个小故事,想与你分享:

当我在纽约聚居时,生活其实有些苦。我一个人打三份工因为需要生活而当时也离开了带我到这里的乐队,可是还是想做音乐而纽约有浓厚的地下音乐世界。当时的我睡在朋友的沙发上,一个自己也不是很熟悉的朋友而是大冬天,行李箱里也没有几件保暖的衣服-那行李箱也代表了我的所有财产。为了买几件暖衣是多么困难和漫长的路程。有那么一天,搭地铁去我打工的餐馆,要走下楼梯。有一位男士就坐在楼梯中央,一个手掌心有几毛钱,另外一只手的手指慢慢的在数着这几毛钱。他看起来真的很失落,真的很彷徨-地铁站里也只有我们两个人。我走过他的身边,走到一个较远的角落-心理为他觉得难过可是也很害怕。他是否会袭击我,他是否会打枪我,他是否会来跟我掏钱?一个华裔女生孤独的在布鲁克林。也不知道自己是怎么了,从口袋里拿出了一块钱,当时的那一块对我有多重要啊。我走到他的面前伸出手里的那一块说:`先生,我想这是你掉的吧?‘他拿了那一块钱,我就赶紧的走开,我们没有交换眼神,地铁刚好到站了。上了车,我确定自己在离他远一些的车厢,心理的害怕,怕他会来跟我要跟多,怕他骂我多管闲事,狗眼看人低,怕他的任何回音。

地铁慢慢的开动了,我看到他从车厢到车厢的往我的车厢走来,他到了,我就像个害怕的小孩做错了事不敢动。地铁到了其中一个车站,他走向我轻轻的说了一声`谢谢’就离开了,铁门在他身后关了。

我在想他现在还好吗?他现在是否过得好一些?那蛐蛐的一块钱对他有没有帮助?我相信在人生路途上,最小的事件可以对我们有很大的鼓舞。我相信我们的自尊是唯一别人无法抢走的。

友情-给与彼此的友情只能在明白自己和他人是平起平坐的情况下才能真实。

希望我们能够学会,能够体会。这样的人生路程里,我们都永远不会孤单,永远不会寂寞。

4 comments:

  1. Life would not be hard if we have dreams; Life would not be a lonely highway if we have friends. We are all soloists to some extent, but we got dreams and friends. That's the luckiest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Was Sweet Of U Celest... Beside Having a Nice Voice, U Got A Nice Heart Too... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touching story... Sometimes it's just a small act of kindness that sets a person's life on another path...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes sometimes it is the littlest things that gives us the greatest strength to move ahead. Thanks Peng, Eric & Xav for your little note to me and for sharing this little story :)

    ReplyDelete